Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Spirit

I want to apologize. This is the first time in a couple weeks I could take time to blog. Between moving from Chicago to Philly. My Dad having a stroke and taking care of my mom. Running between both. Not seeing my husband for weeks. I still have not finished Christmas shopping yet. It has been nuts.

I think this is a perfect time to talk about this subject. What is the Christmas Spirit? This time of year is sensitive to all of us. It does not matter where you live, how much money you have or what religion you are. Some how we all feel something stronger at this time of season. We cannot quite put our fingers on it. Looking at decorations. A persons face. We just see something more than what we see all year.

I went shopping the other day. I noticed that people were a little nicer. Holding doors for other people. Saying excuse me to get by. No tempers flaring. It was a nice change of pace for me. My patience have been worn thin from all the craziness in my own life. It finally made me stop and take a breath for a minute.

We all have bad things happen to us. Things we cannot control. It makes us feel helpless to the people we want to help. I needed to remember that I am surrounded by people who are just like me. We all have our problems in life. It is how we handle them that matters.

For me the Christmas Spirit is a moment in time to reflect and then pass on happiness to others. Saying hello to someone. Tell them to have a nice day or just smile. Remember, it is the little things in life that matter. You will be surprised at how far a good gesture will go. I am sending positive thoughts to all of you and a big hug to all that needs one.

Wishing you all Love, Happiness and Peace this Christmas Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment